Ready to complete the volunteer form?
Greetings to our Volunteers
Hello and thank you so much for your interest in giving of your time to help at the ROCK & Salvation Series. Our volunteers are so valuable and we are excited at your interest in helping out.
In exchange for becoming a ROCK & Salvation Series Volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to experience the concert when not working, voucher for concessions and amazing opportunities to meet others and have a fun time! Please read the volunteer requirements, information and terms & conditions completely before submitting an application. Individual volunteer positions and shifts will be assigned based on needs for each series.
What are the requirements to be a Volunteer at ROCK & Salvation Series?
- * Volunteers must be 16 years or older on or before June 10, 2017.
- * Volunteers must be on time for all shifts.
- * Must be willing to work a minimum of two (2), two (2) hour shifts in the day, total of 4 hours.
- * If you are flexible in your schedule and willing to serve more hours in the day, please indicate this on your application.
- * Volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- * Volunteers will be provided a t-shirt to wear while working and are required to take it off while not working a shift.
- * There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol or illegal drugs for volunteers. You will be subject to standard legal action for consumption, and asked to return any credentials and be removed from the festival grounds.
- * If you are caught under the influence, stealing, or passing your wristband during your shift, you will be removed from the festival grounds.
What are the shifts like?
Positions may have different hours to schedule. While flexibility is important, we will do our best to schedule around your choice of shifts based on your application. Shifts will vary with each series and positions. Plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to each assigned shift. You will need to sign in, complete any necessary paperwork if needed. Once your shift has completed, please check out with the on duty House Manager.
Festival Volunteer FAQ
Click a question for your answer.
- Where and when will I be working? Can I choose where I will be placed?
- Shifts and positions will be available in various areas on the festival grounds. The available time frame and positions will be listed on the volunteer application for your selection. The available time slots will be listed for you to select the time range that best fits your schedule. Volunteer positions will be selected and can include the following: Festival Grounds, Merchandise, Ticketing, Stage Crew, Parking, Kids Zone and Videographer. Once we begin the scheduling of the volunteers, you will receive an email to confirm your schedule. If there is a conflict, you may notify the festival team for a change. Please email Festival Team.
- What are the benefits of being a ROCK & Salvation Festival volunteer?
- Attend the festival at your leisure outside of your work shifts. Participate in the inner-workings of the ROCK & Salvation Festival 2017. Get a ROCK & Salvation Festival volunteer t-shirt. Bottles of water during shifts that you work. Free volunteer parking. Have an awesome experience!
- My friend is also volunteering. Can you coordinate my shift with his or hers?
- When you and your friend complete applications, be sure to indicate their name. Keep in mind that with so many volunteers and many varied needs, we cannot guarantee that you will share assignments with your friends, but we will certainly try!
- As a volunteer, can our family pet(s) attend the festival with us?
- Our festival team love pets as much as you. Since the festival is a full day in June, we request that your pet(s) remain at home in the comfort of their normal surroundings. Of course registered service animals/guide dogs are allowed.
- When do I show up for my shift?
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your assigned volunteer shift begins and be ready to work. You will need to check in at the volunteer registration desk location inside the FUN DOME at the festival grounds. You will receive a volunteer t-shirt prior to your first shift. You will be expected to wear the t-shirt while you are working, and you will be expected to take it off while you are not working. As we get closer to the big day, additional details will be sent about checking in for your shifts!
- If 4 hours is the minimum to schedule, may I do more than the four hours that day?
- Yes if you would like to volunteer for more than the four hours, please indicate that on the application form. We would be happy to have individuals serving more throughout the day but realize it is not for everyone. So while we do have the minimum listed, you are certainly welcome to provide more hours as you see fit. We appreciate all the extra effort on your part doing this.
- What if I have to cancel?
- If you need to cancel, be sure to cancel your application via email to media@RockAndSalvationFestival.com no later than June 01, 2017.
- How can I assure that I get on my preferred volunteer crew?
- There are no guarantees of volunteer crew placements. However, we will make all efforts possible to place you in those areas of interest to you based on your application. If you have special skills that would make you a better fit for a certain crew, please note that on the application. We appreciate your flexibility and willingness to lend a helping hand!
- Is transportation or accommodation provided?
- No. All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the festival. There is no lodging or accommodation provided for volunteers.
- I already bought a ticket, but I would still like to help out for a few hours. Can I do that?
- A festival requires many volunteers and we would be happy to have you join the volunteer team. If you would like to volunteer beyond the cost of your festival tickets, we would certainly welcome you to the volunteer team. Please indicate on your application if you have already purchased tickets. All other volunteer positions, schedules and minimum of hours would still apply.